Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tip 25, for 7/8/08

I had a really good tip for today, but it's not today anymore, it's tomorrow... (I change the post time so it looks like 11:59 on the right day, just so it's separated correctly(yes, yes, it's cheating; whatever)

So therefore, here is today's tip:
the great Kyle Cackett (Kyle Cackett is a currently little-known white male, age 19; some day he is going to do something really really awesome and people will know of him all over the world, but for know, only the privileged few do) once said, in a sleep-drunk (sleep-drunk is the scientific term for what happens to the brain at around 3AM- it primarily entails unprompted laughter, strange voice volume changes, insane The New Tetris games, and general silliness, possibly involving the word-phrase "breasticle") state, "patience comes to those who wait." Hilarity, obviously, ensued. Butthat'snotthepoint (meant to be read quickly and I used hyphens before).

The point is, sleeping is overrated and some real gems emerge from this form of brain abuse (I think it's more fun than the kind involving alcohol, but what do I know?).

Wait, no... Sleeping is quite well-rated so that can't be it... Hmmmm...

I guess the point is that one's patience is rewarded with more patience to wait some more, and that has to be worth something, right? Or maybe it's that your day will come, or you'll get your come-upins, or the iceman cometh or something. I don't even care anymore. I don't have the patience to try to figure this shit out, I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with all the links to ellipsis on wiki?

As for tags, this one could be 'daily' (like a tip you can utilize each day) or 'sleep' or 'life' (I like to fall back on that one, but then you might end up with 'life' and 'tech' tips only

Charlie said...

The ellipsis links were to draw attention to how many times I used the ellipsis in that post...

I added them after I wrote it in a silly mood. I also thought that some people might not know what that piece of punctuation is called.

I'll experiment with some tags, see what you think

tcelfer said...

The ellipsis links are a gem.

Also, the REAL reason for not sleeping is MUCH more central to my plot to dominate the human race, the sleep-drunk state (similar to the avatar state) is only a beneficial side effect. The plan is as follows:

1. Train my body to require less sleep than other white males by not sleeping as much as other white males

2. Have offspring

3. Train THEM to require less sleep than other white offspring by not sleeping as much as other white offspring

4. Breed them

5. Train THEM to require less sleep than other white offspring's broods by not sleeping as much as other offspring's broods.

6. Repeat for x million years...

7. HUMANS NO LONGER NEED SLEEP!

8. Thanks for your service to humanity cackypants!