Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tip 27, for 7/10/08

Soft water.

I just moved into a new house. We inherited the water softener from the last people who lived here. Soft water sucks. There are a couple ways to tell if you have soft water. The biggest is most evident in the shower. You feel soapy or slimy before you put soap on and after to rise it off (obviously when you have it on too). It's not like you feel cleaner, you actually feel dirty since it feels like there's soap all over you and you can't rinse it off. You don't get any wetter or less wet and it doesn't hurt less if the pressure in the shower is too high.

As far as I know, soft water is good for your skin/bad for your hair and hard water is good for your hair/bad for your skin. I can't really say, I've never been good at telling that sort of stuff, like how my own skin feels.

Our water also tastes fucking awful. I miss Pittsburgh water.

No comments: