Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tip 51, for 8/7/08

I was traveling for 12 hours today, mostly because my connecting flight was delayed 2 hours or so, then there was a lot of runway-sitting-on. There is nothing quite as good as sitting on a plane waiting to take off for hours.

When you travel, especially out of airports like JFK (I didn't fly out of JFK this time but I've had a similar experience there), make sure you have a form of entertainment that does not need to be above 10,000ft to be used on a plane. For example, I had my shiny new copy of Catch-22, which is an awesome book (so far) in case you are interested.

1 comment:

tcelfer said...

Other recommendations of things to do:

Be sneaky: Wear a hoodie and thread your headphones up underneath it to your ears and pull your hood up. You can easily conceal an iPod and listen to music under the guise of sleep or coma.

Be creative: Once upon a time, I was waiting in line for a roller coaster. After 40 minutes of waiting, it had mechanical problems leading to a delay of unspecified proportions. Rather than stare at the theme park's oversize patrons for the fixing interim, I unlaced my shoe, tied it into a loop and initiated a rousing game of cat's cradle with my compatriots. Other suggestions include tearing of folds of clothes and making bandannas or drawing prototype tattoos on fellow passengers biceps.

Be mesmerized: GAME BOY!!1!!

Daydream: Think about your friends who miss you.