Post-It Notes.
My boss at my internship is uses Post-Its all the time. Small, convenient reminders and notes you can take at any time and can move if you don't have the information's resting place readily available. I like to put notes on my work laptop's palm rests (below the keyboard, next to the touchpad). I can put everything I am working on as a list on my note, close the computer and take it with me if I so choose. This also keeps the items somewhat private, since most people won't open someone else's computer. Also, I recently put together a binder containing about 200 forms, sorted by place of origin and name. I didn't have any dividers handy, so I cut up some little yellow notes and arranged them like divider tabs.
Post-Its are also great at home. Put one next to or on your bedroom door and you won't forget that it's Hawaiian shirt day or that you need to bring sneakers to work or whatever. You can also use them to take messages from phone calls to leave in obvious places for the intended person.
You might also want to try labeling random things around the home, school or office. This is much more fun than it sounds. I found a pad of Post-Its in the computer lab at school a couple years ago and went to town. I put people's names on them and stuck them on them- sometimes obviously, sometimes as discretely as possible. I labeled chairs, computers, the walls, the floor, anything I wanted. It might not sound like fun, but it is humorous in its' simplicity.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do something like that, but with a giant sheet of paper. I'm weird so even though I use the same 8x11 sheet for a month or so, I still know what's useful info and what's obsolete. Idk, I just think its cool to see a piece of paper that no one would understand and know what every random phrase is supposed to mean
I have used a similar technique in the past, but sometimes I like to cross stuff out so I have a sense of accomplishment
Post a Comment