Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tip 43, for 7/30/08

Don't need it? Don't buy it.

I almost bought a sweet jacket today made by Oakley on Steep and Cheap. It was fleece with a see through hard shell over top of it, such that it was actually a waterproof hooded fleece. It was originally like $125, on sale (new) for $42 + s$h. I wanted to purchase it and would have if my wallet was in the room at the time.

Here's the thing though... I already have several jackets, I just don't know if I need another one, particularly if I haven't gotten a chance to see it in person or try it on. So, unless you really need it, there's no real need to make a risky purchase.

Returns are a bitch. (I'm not sure they do returns on Steep and Cheap anyhow.

1 comment:

tcelfer said...

Additional advice: Haven't pre-bought it? Don't buy it.

If you haven't visited the store or website of your prospective purchase and examined the item in question at least once before, (trying it on if applicable) don't buy it. Your mind needs time to think things over (it's called incubation and is especially applicable to problem solving). Allowing yourself time might help you realize something or many things related to or completely irrelevant to your item.