Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tip 44, for 7/31/08

Remember "rabbit rabbit" for tomorrow.

The midnight snack.

I am sort of reading this book about sports nutrition, Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. Nancy Clark is a registered dietitian and she seems to know her shit.

Anyways, I am trying to gain weight and one of the chapters (chapter 10) is entitled "Bulk Up Without Adding Fat." One of her suggestions for bulking up, particularly if you are a "hard gainer," is to have a healthy snack before bed. One of her suggested snacks for this purpose is a peanut butter sandwich (hopefully on a whole grain or dark bread) and a glass of milk. So I have started eating a pre-bed snack of a banana with peanut butter and stoned wheat crackers with a glass of milk. I had been going to bed a little hungry usually and I often exercise after dinner, so this seems to be a really good fit for me.

Additionally, this new-age Cracker Snack™ is delicious and I highly recommend it. So, if you find yourself hungry before bed or if you need to refuel after exercise and there are no meals in your immediate future, give the midnight snack a try.

Beware that this is intended for weight gain, not loss, so this is an inverse diet tip type thing.

1 comment:

tcelfer said...

Charliestache, you better take that (TM) back right now if you know whats good for you...