If you are going somewhere that you know it won't be a problem to do laundry and you are going for a reasonable length of time, don't try to pack such that you have something new to wear every day. Pack as little as possible.
The less you pack the less you have to carry and the less you have to lose or ruin.
If you are flying, try to strike a balance between avoiding checking a bag if at all possible and carrying as few bags as possible. For this trip (2 weeks, easy access to laundry facilities throughout) I packed a backpack and a small bag I attached to my backpack. I was able to not check any bags and I minimized the number of thing I had to keep track of and have in my hands.
While this thought might be summarized by saying "pack light," packing minimally is not the only factor. One must also pack economically and ergonomically. My goals are to never check a bag and to have my hands as free as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should mention in a future post how to combat against the airlines new tricks to try and bum rape you out of money
You should have mentioned 'strategic sock planting' in this post.
Example: "If you are leaving a location you are likely to return to, leave a pair of socks or two. Your host will be appreciative and have alternative feet heating and you will have reduced your future travelode by a significant fraction. Be sure to label your socks before leaving and be aware that your host may play ultimate in them..."
Post a Comment