Monday, August 18, 2008

Tip 62: Great Free Software

Like most people, I enjoy free stuff. I like free software a lot, especially since you don't have to go anywhere to get it, you just download it. I like to use Major Geeks to get a lot of my freeware and the like. If you think at some point this post will become humorous, you are wrong. I use the number of downloads and Major Geeks rating a lot when deciding which software to choose, as I did when I picked my defrag software (Windows built-it isn't great). I use IObit SmartDefrag by the way.

Their search feature is also very good, I use it when I am looking to install something like AVG 8.0 on someone's computer. I just search for AVG and it's right there at the top of the page. This saves me the trouble of trying to dig through lots of Google results and pages, I can find everything I need (including redundant download links) through Major Geeks.

Check out this page for help getting started. Also, they say, and I believe, they test everything for malware and quality before posting. I have downloaded many, many things from them and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them.

No comments: