Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tip 68: Textbooks

There's rarely a rush to buy books. Go to your classes first, see how urgent it is that you get them and whether or not you're going to stay in the class.

Then, try:
www.amazon.com
www.a1books.com
www.half.com

You (usually) have to pay shipping, but you can usually save around $50, much more than the price of shipping. All you need to be willing to do it wait for your books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there any textbooks available online? I know that there are sites (like Project Gutenberg and Wowio) but I don't know what kind of scans they specialize in.

If there aren't any, good business plan, someone go for it and undercut by 60-70%, you'd still make a killing.

Charlie said...

I don't know... I'm not sure I would want to read a textbook on my computer. Hard to say for sure, I could probably print out important stuff, but there is something to say for having a physical book.