CPUZ is a little freeware app that you don't even have to install. You run it and it leaves no trace on your system. It's also fairly quick. What it does, essentially, is gather info about what hardware you are running. If you built your own computer you should know, but if, like most people, you bought your computer from a big vendor like HP or Dell, you won't.
So, if you need to check compatibilities with your motherboard for new hardware you are considering or make sure a new item installed is being correctly detected, this guy will do the trick. For example, I am thinking about upgrading my RAM. I wanted to see what clock speed the RAM I am currently using was running at, since I figured if that's what Dell put in it is probably the most stable RAM for my system.
There are a bunch of programs like this one, but I found this one first so... yeah it seemed to work great with no nasty after-effects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment