Apple's iTunes is, despite the fact that some of you might distrust it because it comes from Apple, a good piece of software. In recent Windows versions it has become much better, launching pretty quickly, though still with a reasonably large memory footprint. Anyway, making playlists, managing your library and listening to music are really intuitive with this software. There's also that radio thing I mentioned in a previous post I'm too lazy to link to and a ton of podcasts you can download and listen to (or watch) for free.
iTunes also is a means by which to acquire new music for $0.99 a song. This music is DRMed, but overall it's probably not too bad of a deal since you are probably using iTunes because you have a iPod of some flavor. There's also movies and TV shows and stuff you can "buy," but I haven't tried that (I haven't purchased any music from them either, but w/e).
iTunes 8 has this new feature called "genius." iTunes can make you a playlist and suggest new songs for you. It runs of magical Steve Job's sweat and seems cool- you need an iTunes store account to use it though and I don't want to set one up so I can't really say first hand how good or bad it is. I've heard good things though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment