This little guy is a Quicksilver wannabe, and it isn't great but it's pretty neat and I use it occasionally. It's open source and can be found here. It does some magic indexing stuff while your computer is idle and then allows you to basically call up programs and files it indexed. For example, I press win+space to call it up, then I can start typing a program name and it will figure out what I want. I can also search Google (the Wikipedia search doesn't work yet), and it will open Firefox (or your default browser) to the search results.
If you don't want to memorize keystroke combinations like I use with AutoHotkeys then this might be a good alternative for you. It's light-weight, pretty user friendly and, thanks to its plugin architecture, has the potential to be able to do some really powerful stuff eventually. Check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment