Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tip 88: Washing/Drying Dry-fit Clothing

I have a lot of dry fit clothing. This is clothing of any brand (dry-fit is from Nike) that is made of a wicking material. I have recently learned that you are not supposed to use fabric softener with dry-fit clothing. This means both liquid softener that you use when you wash, as well as dryer sheets.It ruins the moisture wicking properties of the clothing.

The latter is much more deceiving. I had always thought that dryer sheets were simply to eliminate static, not to soften fabric. So when I do laundry, I separate my drying into two loads if I have enough clothes to dry. If I only have enough clothing to warrant one dryer load I don't use a fabric softener sheet. To be honest, I don't really think the sheets do much in the way of actually softening the fabric. I do however, sometimes notice more static when I don't use a dryer sheet.

No comments: