Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tip 89: Minimalist-izing Your Quicklinks

Got this one from my friend Jeff.

Your quicklinks bar (bookmark toolbar under the address bar in Firefox) is very useful. It provides very easy access to your most frequently visited sites. If you don't use this bar, you should, it saves a lot of typing and/or menu clicking.

Okay so, I was over at his place to do some homework and I saw that he only had icons (known as favicons, they appear on the left side of the address bar) for his quicklink bookmarks. This gave his Firefox a very clean, minimalist look. I hate icons, I don't use my mouse all that much because it slows me down so they just clutter up my space. Therefore, I decided I was going to switch over to just favicons for my quicklinks. To create a bookmark simply drag the URL (or the icon) onto the toolbar. To remove the text, leaving only the icon, simply right-click the button, go to Properties and delete the contents of the "Name" text box.

No comments: